The State of Georgia requires that all individuals who receive a Family Violence charge complete the 24-week 家庭暴力干预 Program. FVIP providers must be certified by the Georgia Commission on Family Violence, 并且会出现在他们的身上 网站. Do not enroll in a program that does not appear on this list.
The 扑克之星下载手机版 is certified to teach FVIP in Cobb and Gwinnett counties. In order to enroll, FVIP participants must first complete an intake/orientation. 在这个摄入量, participants will choose a day to attend, 决定他们什么时候动身, 收到他们的工作簿, 参加这个课程.
Domestic Violence is a violent confrontation between family or household members involving physical harm, 性侵犯, 或者害怕身体受到伤害. Family or household members include spouses / former spouses, those in (or formerly in) a dating relationship, adults related by blood or marriage, and those who have a biological or legal parent-child relationship.
The batterer uses acts of violence and a series of behaviors, 包括恐吓, 威胁, 心理虐待, and isolation to coerce and to control the other person. The violence may not happen often, but may remain a hidden and constant terrorizing factor. Domestic violence is not only physical and sexual violence but also psychological. Psychological violence means intense and repetitive degradation, 创建隔离, and controlling the actions or behaviors of the spouse through intimidation or manipulation to the detriment of the individual.
Domestic violence destroys the home. 没有人应该被虐待. The responsibility for the violence belongs to the abuser. 这不是受害者的错!
Symptoms of Abuse – Misuse of Power And Control
Abuse in a relationship is any act used to gain power and control over another person. Women who are abused physically are often isolated. Their partners tend to control their lives to a great extent as well as verbally degrade them.
Listed below are some of the warning signs of domestic abuse. Look to see if there are multiple warning signs that are occurring in your life. These lists are not all-inclusive.
- Preventing them from getting or keeping a job
- Not letting them know about or have access to family income
- Not allowing them a voice in important financial decisions
- Demanding exclusive control over household finances.
- Making then afraid by using looks, gestures, or actions
- Throwing or smashing things, destroying property
- Controlling what they do, who they see, what they read, & 他们去哪里
- Limiting their outside involvement
- Refusing to let them learn to drive, go to school, or get a job
- Not allowing them to freely use the car or the telephone.
- Putting down their friends and family
- Making them feel bad about themselves
- Making or carrying out 威胁 to do something to hurt them
- Threatening to leave them, or to commit suicide
- Threatening to report them to welfare
- 让他们感到内疚 about the children
- Using the children to relay messages
- Threatening to take the children away
- Making light of the abuse and not taking her concerns about it seriously
- Checking up on where they’ve been or who they’ve talked to
- Shifting responsibility for abusive behavior
If you are controlling or have a controlling partner, don’t ignore these behaviors. They are not the result of stress, anger, drugs or alcohol. They are learned behaviors that one person uses to dominate, intimidate and manipulate. They are destructive and dangerous.
If the abuse continues without outside help, the abusing partner may risk being arrested, 坐牢, 或者失去关系.
Domestic violence hurts all family members. When a person is abusive he or she eventually loses the trust and respect of his or her partner. Abused partners are afraid to communicate their feelings and needs.
Everyone has the right to feel safe in a relationship. With help, people who are abusive can learn to be non-violent.
Disagreements develop from time to time in relationships. Domestic violence is not a disagreement. It is a whole pattern of behaviors used by one partner to establish and maintain power and control over the other. These behaviors can become more frequent and intense over time.
The abusive person is responsible for these behaviors. That person is the only one who can change them. Don’t wait until you and the ones you love get hurt. 你并不孤单. 考虑寻求帮助. Talk with friends about your situation.
If you need to talk because you or someone you know is in an abusive relationship,